IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is suitable for anyone aspiring to become a professional chef. Our training kitchen will give you the opportunity to experience first-hand what it is like working in commercial premises and gaining valuable work skills. This course is for those who are looking to develop food preparation and cooking skills, along with gaining knowledge of both the food you cook and other vital aspects that you will require for working in the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
Certificate in Culinary Arts & Patisserie consists of intense 300 hours of theory and practical sessions. You will be trained in Culinary Arts and Patisserie skills through a range of international cuisines including: Continental, Arabic, Indian and Western.
1. Food safety & protection in kitchen
2. Introduction to the contents of the kitchen
3. Prepare and cook fruits, vegetables and pulses
4. Prepare cold appetizers and salads
5. Types of Potato, Grains, Farinaceous, Eggs and Rice
6. Prepare & cook stocks, soups, and mother hot sauces
7. Prepare and cook meat, poultry and offal
8. Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
9. International cuisines
10. Sous Vide Cooking
11. Basic cakes
12. Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
13. Bakery products
14. Gelato Making
Tests, exams and compilation of a portfolio of evidence.
Supervised 4 weeks’ internship in a restaurant or hotel kitchen.
On successful completion of the above, free work placement service.
YOUR TASTY FUTURE
We prepare you for an exciting career in a variety of kitchens, restaurants and hotels in the hospitality industry. On the successful completion of this certificate, you will be an employable and industry-ready individual. Exciting jobs are up for grabs locally and even all over the world for our most talented students. We assist our successful trainees with employment opportunities through our recruitment partners.
Whether you aspire to become a head chef, private chef, pastry chef, baker, caterer, product developer or entrepreneur, opportunities in this fast-paced industry exist as far as your imagination can take you.
Contact us for more information on intakes for the moment as the next intake is to be planned and deployed as per the demand. Specific periods will be decided in the near future.
Progression: On completion of this qualification, candidates may progress into employment as a trainee, or to the following qualifications.
International Diploma in Culinary Arts & Patisserie (City & Guilds Level 2 8065-2 8065-3)
Students successfully completing the course will be provided with an interview with the prospective employer which could lead to an employment depending on the outcome of the interview.
How will you be assessed?
You will be observed and assessed with timed practical exams, written assignments and short answer question packs to test your knowledge.
16 hours per week
- General Entry Requirements
- You should be minimum 18 years of age (for residents of UAE)
- Should have passed year 12 or equivalent
- Demonstration of the passion and aptitude for culinary arts
- Ability to read, write and speak English (International Students must obtain minimum: CEFR B1)
- You should be talented, energetic, creative, versatile and service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent health
- Willing to handle meat and fish products
- Successfully Complete an interview